Sunday, November 23, 2008

The one that got away

The Riche Lady is very sad. Captain Awesome found the perfect house for her, and put a big bid on it. Nouveau Me was so high-strung excited she has not posted for days, afraid to breathe a word about her perfect house, nervous to notice she was thinking about the many splendors of the house. Today we received our answer. The owners have decided not to sell. They have decided to keep the perfect house in their family.

Darn. I wanted to keep it in my family.

I am sure I will have perspective on this later. I will laugh at how silly I am. Blessed with so much. And how amazing of Captain Awesome to do all he did to get my house. Uh, not my house.

I know in real estate you're not supposed to fall in love. However, this was certainly an unexpected way for it to end in heartbreak.

7 comments:

Carina said...

If it makes you feel any better, I still drive past some of the 'perfect' houses we almost got and hope that their owners are treating them well.

Desert Princess said...

awww..I'm sure there's an even better house out there somewhere just waiting for you to live in it!

JB said...

You both are so right. I can't believe how crushed I am.

I got up at midnight and ate all the leftover biscuits I'd made for dinner, and then read everything I could find on the internet about Gone with the Wind.

eeks.

Heidi said...

Ah, nutz! That stinks! Maybe they will change their mind yet again.

Shelah said...

oh man! I'm so sorry! I'm not moving for another six months, but I already have a prioritized list of places I love, and I'm going to be so sad if the ones I love most get sold before I have a chance to buy them.

Anonymous said...

Dang, I am sorry.

May you find another, even perfecter house.

Anonymous said...

I love that Emily M. wrote "May you find another, even perfecter house."

--What she said...